Roasted Pumpkin Puree
Butternut pumpkins are sweet and will win your baby’s heart instantly. You can prepare this roasted pumpkin puree for your little one using this simple recipe. Pumpkins are great to eat and contain high amounts of essential nutrients. Pumpkins are rich in copper, manganese, potassium, riboflavin, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, dietary fibre, magnesium, iron, folate, Vitamin B6, niacin, thiamine and Vitamin E.
Ingredients: 1 butternut pumpkin, 2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat your oven at 180oC.
2. Cut the pumpkin in half and drizzle olive oil on it. Place the pumpkin on a baking tray and cook for 40-45 minutes.
3. Remove the tray from the oven and let the pumpkin cool for about 5 minutes.
4. On cooling, scoop out the flesh from the pumpkin.
5. Mash in a bowl and serve.
This pumpkin puree is a little sweet as roasting brings out the natural sugars in the pumpkin and so your baby will love it very much. Also, this puree is highly recommended for babies on weaning diet. So go ahead and try it out today!