Sweet Corn Soup without Cornflour
Make clear sweet corn soup at home without using cornflour. Surprised? Don’t be! Here’s a recipe that will help you prepare this delicious soup in a healthy manner at home. Sweet corn is a rich source of dietary fibre, folate, manganese, phosphorus, Vitamin C, Vitamin B5 and Vitamin B1.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cup corn kernels, 2 tsp. ghee, 1 tbsp. carrot chopped into small cubes, 1 tbsp. beans chopped into small cubes, salt.
1. Cook the corn kernels in a pressure cooker till you get 3 whistles.
2. Keep about ½ tsp. corn kernels aside and grind the rest with ½ cup water into a smooth puree.
3. Heat ghee in a pan, add the chopped vegetables and cook them for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the corn puree into the pan, salt and a cup of water. Allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes.
5. Garnish with the remaining kernels and simmer for one more minute.
Prepare this corn soup today using this recipe!