Sweet Potato And Tomato Soup For Your Sweetie Pie
Tomato and sweet potato are excellent for baby soups. Sweet potatoes are rich in vitamins and minerals and highly palatable for your infant. Onions are an excellent source of antioxidants and loaded with anti-inflammatory properties that help boost the immune system.
Though sweet potatoes are introduced very early as a first solid food alternative along with banana, tomatoes are best introduced at 10 months onwards as there is a risk of skin allergies. Check with your paediatrician if you are worried.
Ingredients: 1 medium onion, 1 medium sweet potato, 1 apple, 2 medium sized ripened tomatoes, 1 tsp ghee, a pinch of salt and cinnamon.
1. Chop an onion and a sweet potato into small chunks.
2. Peel and slice an apple into cubes.
3. In a little water, boil tomatoes for 15-10 seconds and peel.
4. Now, heat ghee in a sauce pan and sauté the chopped onions.
5. Add the sweet potato chunks, cubed apple, and peeled tomato with little water and cook until tender.
6. Add a pinch of salt, cinnamon and cook for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
7. Sieve it for clear soup and serve warm.