Sweet Veggie Puree
Treat your child to a sweet and yummy dish with this sweet veggie puree. This puree uses fresh vegetables, which offer a whole load of nutrition as it combines potatoes, carrot, corn and sweet potato. Potatoes are a rich source of pantothenic acid, dietary fibre, niacin, phosphorus, manganese, Vitamin C, copper, potassium and carrots offer potassium, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and dietary fibre. Furthermore, corn offers magnesium, Vitamin B6, iron, Vitamin C, protein, carbohydrates and potassium. Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin B6, magnesium and dietary fibre.
Ingredients: 1 small potato, 1 small carrot, 1 cob of corn, 1 small sweet potato
1. Clean and chop the vegetables.
2. Remove the husks from the corn cob.
3. Put all the vegetables in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Strain the vegetables, remove the kernels from the cob.
5. Put all the ingredients into a blender, pour a little water and process into a smooth puree.
Perfect for your little one’s weaning diet, by trying out this recipe today! You can feed this to your baby and freeze the remaining puree. You can keep this puree frozen for up to six weeks.