Tasty Coriander And Chickpea Puree For Your Little One
Your little one's growth depends on a well balanced diet. Legumes family is full of protein, zinc, manganese, iron and fiber; this composition is very essential in the early developmental stages. Chickpeas are members of this family; it is great in taste and carries all the nutrients of legumes. Here is a wonderful recipe for your little one. One bowl of a small serving will fulfill your little one's daily nutrients needs.
Ingredients: Chickpeas-2cups (overnight soak), Onion – 4tsb finely chopped, Olive oil-1tsb, Tomato-4tsb chopped, Fresh Coriander-2tsb chopped, Carrot/ baby spinach -4tsb chopped, water
1. Soak chickpeas in a pressure cooker with sufficient water and boil it till it softens.
2. Take a pan heat it up and add olive oil in it.
3. Now add finely chopped onion and sauté it until soft and translucent. It will take 3 to 4 minutes on a medium flame.
4. Add finely chopped tomato and carrot in the pan; stir it properly till it is cooked.
5. Mix boiled chickpeas and chopped coriander in same pan and pour little water if required. Cover the pan and allow it to cook for 3-5 minutes on a medium flame. So that all flavors mix and blend in with each other.
6. Take a blender and blend it on smooth thick consistency (you can adjust consistency according to your baby—if needed you can add some water while blending it).
Your puree is ready now. Serve your baby healthy yummy puree.