Tomato Carrot and Red Lentil Soup
If you are looking for a tasty and healthy dish, then try out the Tomato Carrot and Red Lentil Soup. While tomato soup is known for its health benefits, carrots and red lentils add to its nutritional value. Carrots are a rich source of thiamine, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, and potassium; red lentils offer vitamin B6, potassium, zinc, pantothenic acid, vitamin B1, protein, iron, manganese, phosphorus, and copper.
Ingredients to make Tomato Carrot and Red Lentil Soup:
1 onion, 1 garlic clove, 2 cloves, ½ tsp. black pepper powder, 1 bay leaf, 1-2 tsp. ginger juice, 4 small carrots, 4 tomatoes, 3/4th cup red lentils, 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
Steps to make Tomato Carrot and Red Lentil Soup:
1. Cook the lentils in a pressure cooker till they are soft and set aside.
2. Chop the onions and garlic clove and set aside.
3. Cook the carrots in a pressure cooker. Later puree it and set aside.
4. Blanch the tomatoes and puree them. Set aside.
5. Grind the onion with garlic and make a smooth paste.
6. Heat oil in a pan and add the onion garlic paste. Saute for about 5 minutes and then add the carrot paste.
7. Cook for about 5 minutes and add the tomato puree. Add the ginger juice, bay leaf, cloves, and pepper powder.
8. Next, add the cooked lentils and simmer the soup for 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat and serve.