Add a little spice to your food by preparing tomato rasam for him. Tomato rasam is made from tomatoes which are a rich source of phosphorus, Vitamin E, niacin, folate, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, dietary fibre, manganese, potassium and copper. The use of cumin seeds and garlic cloves ensure that your baby does not develop gas problems after eating this soup. Here’s how you can prepare this delicious dish at home.
Ingredients: 2 tomatoes chopped, ¼ tsp. pepper corns, ¼ tsp. cumin seeds, 6 garlic cloves, ¼ tsp. turmeric powder, a pinch of hing, 2 tulsi leaves, a pinch of ajwain seeds, ½ tsp. mustard seeds, salt, oil.
1. Wash the tomatoes and basil leaves.
2. In a mixer jar, add the tomatoes, pepper corns, ajwain, basil leaves, cumin seeds and garlic cloves and blend into a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in pan, splutter the mustard seeds and add the paste.
4. Add water to the paste and stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Add hing, turmeric and salt and cook well till the raw smell leaves.
Tomato rasam is ready!