Aaloo Mattar Curry
With winters come fresh vegetables. Green peas are abundant in plenty during the winters. They are highly nutritious as they are rich in potassium, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, magnesium and iron.
Ingredients: a paste made from- ½ cup chopped onions, 1 cup chopped tomatoes, ½ inch chopped ginger, 3-4 chopped garlic; 2 tbsp oil, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 tbsp fresh cream, 3 medium potatoes diced, a cup of fresh green peas, a pinch of hing, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp garam masala, 1 ½ cups water, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, salt.
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds when the oil is hot.
2. Once the cumin seeds have cracked, add the onion-tomato paste.
3. Stir and add the fresh cream. Saute and let the mixture thicken.
4. When the gravy stops spluttering, add the spice powders and hing.
5. Stir and add the peas and potatoes. Add a cup of water and cover the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook on high flame for 5-7 minutes.
6. Remove from the stove. Set aside for cooling.
7. Once the cooker has cooled, remove the lid, sprinkle garam masala and add chopped coriander leaves.
Delicious aaloo matar curry is ready! You can serve this for breakfast with pooris or rotis. Quick and easy, try making this recipe for breakfast!