Mangoes, raw or ripe, are loaded with essential nutrients and vitamins that are beneficial for your body. Mangoes are rich in potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. There are several ways in which you can use mangoes – you can eat them raw or cook them in different styles. Here’s a simple and easy way to prepare a delicious dish from raw mangoes.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups of grated mangoes, 1 ½ cups of sugar, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp roasted cumin powder, ¼ tsp salt.
1. Take a pan and add the grated mangoes and sugar in it. Cook till the sugar and mangoes gradually melt.
2. Initially, you will get a watery consistent. But keep cooking, stirring occasionally, to get a 2 thread consistency.
3. Add the chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and salt and stir well to mix all the ingredients.
4. Once you get the 2 thread consistency, switch off the stove.
5. Remove the aam chunda from the pan and pour into a sterilised glass bottle.
Serve it along with rice and vegetable curries to enhance the taste of its food. Aam chunda can be preserved for a long time so you can prepare it and store it for future use. So what are you waiting for? Try it out today!