Seasonal fruits should be consumed by everyone as they are best suited for that season. Mango is one such fruit. If you are not a mango lover here is a solution, 'Aam Peda'. You will begin to love mango after eating this dish. It is rich in fiber, carbohydrates, calcium, potassium, vitamin A, K and B6.
Ingredients: 1 cup mango pulp, 2 cups unsweetened milk powder, 3-4 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cardamom powder, 1/2 tsp ghee for greasing, almonds for garnishing
1. First, peel the mangoes, take out the flesh and mash it into a smooth pulp.
2. Now, heat a wok and add the mango pulp in it. Simmer the flame and keep stirring for 30 seconds.
3. Add cardamom powder and sugar, while stirring it continuously.
4. Meanwhile, sieve the powder milk and add it in small quantities to the mango pulp.
5. Keep stirring the liquid to make sure it is lump free.
6. In few minutes, the liquid will gain a doughy consistency.
7. Take it out, put it on a plate and spread it so that it cools down faster to room temperature.
8. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes. Grease your hands and make small smooth balls. Press you thumb in the middle of each peda to make an indent.
9. Place a chopped almond at the center of every peda.
Serve it, it tastes best when cooled. Enjoy!
Note: If you are using sweetened milk powder, there is no need to add extra sugar.