Ajwain parathas are highly nutritious as they are made using whole wheat flour. While ajwain is known to be highly beneficial in preventing constipation, kidney disorders, mouth problems and promoting good health of the digestive system; whole wheat flour is a rich source of carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 tsp. oil, salt, 1 tsp. ajwain seeds, 1 cup water, ghee.
1. Mix the flour, oil, salt, and water in a bowl and knead into soft dough.
2. Cover with a moist cloth and set it aside for 30 minutes.
3. Pinch out small balls from the dough and roll them into parathas.
4. Sprinkle the ajwain seeds and fold the paratha into a triangle.
5. Roll out the paratha to its full size without thinning it too much.
6. Cook the parathas with a little oil till you get brown spots on both sides.
Ajwain parathas can be served with vegetable curries. Cook this dish today and en!joy