Aloo Egg Curry
Aloo egg curry is really easy to prepare and is extremely healthy as it combines the nutritional value of potatoes and eggs. While potatoes are a rich source of potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6; eggs offer protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12.
Ingredients: 4 eggs, 1 ½ tbsp. oil, ½ tsp. cumin, 2-3 green cardamoms, 1 ½ cup chopped onions, ¾ cup chopped tomatoes, 1 ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste, 1/8 tsp. turmeric, salt, 1 tsp. garam masala, ½ tsp. chilli powder, 3-4 medium potatoes, chopped coriander leaves, ½ tsp. coriander powder.
1. Remove the shells of the eggs, pierce with a fork and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the cumin and cardamoms.
3. Add the onions and cook till they are translucent. Next, add the ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell has gone.
4. Toss in the chopped tomatoes and cook till they are mushy.
5. Sprinkle salt and the other masala powders and stir fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add the chopped potatoes, pour water, cover the lid and cook till they are done.
7. When the gravy thickens, add the eggs.
8. Sprinkle a little coriander powder and add the chopped coriander leaves.
9. Cover and switch off.
Make this delicious curry today and enjoy!