Aloo Kofta is a popular North Indian dish. This dish is prepared using potatoes, which are rich in carbohydrates, potassium, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium and hence are important for a balanced diet. Use this recipe to make restaurant style aloo kofta at home in no time.
Ingredients: 1.25 cups of mashed potatoes, ¼ cups of grated cheese, 2 tbsp corn starch, ¼ tsp black pepper, 2 medium onion cut into four pieces, 2 large tomatoes, 15 almonds, 1 large bay leaf, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp Kashmiri chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp kasuri methi, 3 tbsp low fat cream, ½ tsp sugar, salt, water and oil.
1. Blanch the tomatoes, onions and almonds in hot water. Grind them in a mixer into a fine puree. Set aside.
2. Take the mashed potatoes in a bowl and add black pepper powder, grated cheese and corn starch to it. Knead into a soft dough and pinch out small balls from it. Flatten them using your hands into patties.
3. Fry these patties on a tawa till they are crisp and golden. Set aside.
4. In a pan, heat oil and add the cumin seeds and bay leaf. After a few minutes, add the tomato puree into the pan. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
5. Next add the ginger garlic paste and cook. Add the spice powders and kasuri methi and cook for a few more seconds.
6. Add low fat cream, salt and sugar and check the taste. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
7. Pour out the gravy into a serving bowl, place the patties and serve.
You can also garnish the dish with chopped coriander leaves before serving. Prepare this recipe for lunch or dinner today and you will be amazed at how much you like it!