Are you bored of eating rotis and parathas? If yes, then you should try out this recipe to make delicious aloo kulchas at home. This recipe uses whole wheat flour for making the kulchas. This makes the kulchas delicious and healthy as whole wheat flour is a rich source of potassium, dietary fibre, protein, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup maida, ¼ tsp baking soda, 3 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp curd, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 cup water, oil, sesame seeds, 3 large potatoes, 2 green chillies chopped, ½ tsp each of chilli, garam masala and aamchur powder, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
1. In a mixing bowl, take the whole wheat flour, maida, baking soda, oil, curd, sugar, salt, oil, sesame seeds and add water to knead into a soft dough. Set aside for 2 hours.
2. Cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker. Let it cool and then peel and mash them.
3. Take the mashed potatoes in a bowl and add chopped green chillies, spice powders and coriander leaves.
4. Add salt and mix well.
5. Now knead the dough once more lightly and make small balls out of it.
6. Roll out into small rotis and place the potato stuffing in the centre.
7. Bring the edges together and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
8. Roll the stuffed dough into a full size roti taking care that it does not tear and spill out the stuffing.
9. Cook on a tawa till you see brown spots on both sides.
Serve with curd and pickle. So prepare this delicious kulcha for breakfast instead and give a break from rotis and parathas.