Aloo Methi is a basic homemade recipe which is filled with nutrition due to the presence of aloo (potato) which offers carbohydrates, Vitamin B-6, sodium as well as potassium. Methi is the other prime ingredient that offers iron, calcium and dietary fiber. This dish can be offered during lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: 2 cup cubed potatoes, 1 ½ cup chopped methi leaves, 2 garlic cloves, ¾ cumin, 1 ½ tbsp oil, salt, green chili chopped, turmeric, hing and garam masala.
1. Take methi leaves and add them to a large bowl filled with water. Add salt and keep the leaves for at least 10 minutes.
2. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cube them and keep in a bowl filled with water.
3. The next step is to add oil to a pan. Add cumin and wait for them to crackle.
4. Now add garlic and fry the content until it smells good.
5. Add potatoes and turmeric. Fry it for 2 minutes.
6. To this add water and cook it well.
7. Drain off the leaves and wash them in fresh water. Chop them finely.
8. Wait for the aloo to get soft. Evaporate if any water is left.
9. Add little garam masala and salt. Stir & fry for a minute.
10. To this add chopped methi leaves along wth chilies. Fry them for a while.
Try this recipe today and share it with your friends as well.