Aloo Paneer Paratha
Aloo paratha is a favorite breakfast choice among the people from North and West of India. Here I have adjusted the recipe to include paneer for the protein portion. Serve with curd for added dose of protein.
How to Make:
1. Knead the flour with water to make smooth dough. Cover it and keep aside.
2. The Filling: Heat oil in a kadai, Add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter., Add onions and sauté until it becomes golden brown., Add red chili powder and give a quick stir., Add mashed potatoes and paneer. Cook for a minute or two. Add coriander leaves and mix well., Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate and cool.
3. Divide the dough into 10 equal sized balls.
4. Take one ball and dip in whole wheat flour. Roll out into a thick circle.
5. Divide the panner aloo mixture into 10 equal portions.
6. Place one portion at the center of the circle and enfold and seal the circle like an envelope.
7. Brush a griddle with a little oil and heat it on high flame. Place the paratha on the tawa and cook until the bottom portion gets brown spots. Keep turning the paratha, pressing the edges with a spatula to ensure even cooking.
Paratha’s ready to eat, try it today with curd and mint garlic chutney.