Aloo paratha is a famous Punjabi food item and is extremely delicious, filling and nutritious. This paratha is made using a potato filling which provides several nutritional benefits. Potatoes are a rich source of dietary fibre, potassium, Vitamin C, magnesium, Vitamin B6 and iron.
Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour, ½ tsp salt, 2 tsp. oil, 3-4 potatoes boiled and mashed, 2 green chillies finely chopped, ½ tsp. each of Kashmiri chilli powder and garam masala powder, 1 tsp amchur powder, 3 tsp. chopped coriander leaves, salt, oil.
1. In a bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, salt and oil and mix well. Add water and knead into a soft dough. Cover with a wet cloth and set aside for about half an hour.
2. In a bowl, add the mashed potatoes, chopped green chillies, chilli powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder, chopped coriander leaves and salt. Set aside.
3. Roll out two small balls from the dough prepared and flatten then out into similar sizes.
4. Place the potato filling on one of them. Use the other to cover this and start pleating the edges. Bring the pleats to the centre, dust with some flour and roll out into a rotis.
5. Heat ghee on a griddle and cook the paratha till you get brown spots on both sides.
6. Remove from flame, throw in a chunk of white butter and serve with curd and pickle.
Aloo parathas are highly nutritious and extremely delicious and are also a sure-shot winner. So try out this recipe today!