Aloo Patta Gobi
Aloo Patta Gobi is a side dish commonly prepared in North Indian households. This recipe offers the goodness of potatoes and cabbages. While potatoes are rich in carbs and dietary fibre, cabbages offer Vitamin C, dietary fibre, sulphur, antioxidants, beta carotene, Vitamin K, and essential nutrients such as potassium, magnesium and calcium.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cup of blanched and chopped cabbage, 3 medium sized potatoes chopped, ½ cup finely chopped onion, 1/3 cup of chopped tomatoes, 1 green chilly chopped, 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp of cumin seeds, ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, ¼ tsp of red chilli powder, ½ tsp of coriander powder, ½ tsp of garam masala, 2 tbsp oil, salt, chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Heat oil in a pan and throw in the cumin seeds. Wait till they crackle.
2. Add the onions and ginger garlic paste. Cook till the paste loses its raw smell.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and green chillies. Saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the masala powders and salt and mix well. Saute.
5. Add the potatoes and cabbage and mix well. Put a lid on the vessel and cook the veggies on low flame.
6. Once the potatoes are done, remove from flame.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Isn’t this really easy? Try it out today!