Aloo Tamatar Jhol
Looking for a recipe with tomatoes? Aloo Tamatar jhol is an easy to cook recipe and is loved by all. This recipe uses tomatoes to form the base of the curry. Tomatoes are rich in potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, calcium, iron and magnesium. Also, it can go with a variety of rice and bread.
Ingredients: 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp cumin seeds, ¼ methi seeds, ¼ cup finely chopped onion, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1 green chilli slit, 1 cup chopped tomatoes, 2 large potatoes chopped, a pinch of hing, ½ tsp each of turmeric and coriander powder, ½ tsp chilli and aamchur powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, salt and water.
1. Take the tomato cubes into a grinder jar and blend them into a smooth puree.
2. Heat some oil in a pressure cooker and add the cumin and methi seeds. When the seeds have spluttered add the onion and sauté till it has turned golden.
3. Next add the ginger garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes off. Add the tomato puree and simmer for some time.
4. Next add the potatoes, about 2 cups of water and spice powders and mix well. Simmer for some time and then place the lid of the cooker and cook the potatoes till they are soft.
5. After the pressure is release, take off the lid and cook so that the gravy thickens.
6. Sprinkle a little garam masala and kasuri methi and stir. Simmer for about 5 minutes on low flame.
Your Aloo Tamatar Jhol is ready to be served with roti or rice. You can easily prepare this dish at home by following this recipe.