Aloo Tikki Burger
The burgers sold in restaurants are unhealthy as they are junk food and can lead to obesity. Make a healthy and yummy one at home. This aloo tikki burger recipe uses potatoes for the patties in the burgers. This makes them delicious and nutritious as potatoes are a rich source of potassium, dietary fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, magnesium, iron and calcium.
Ingredients: 2 potatoes boiled and mashed, ¼ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp each of cumin and coriander powders, 1 tsp. chaat masala, 1 ½ tsp. corn flour, 2 tbsp. oil, salt, 5-6 burger buns, 1 tomato thinly sliced, 1 onion thinly sliced, 4-5 lettuce leaves chopped, coriander chutney, tamarind dates chutney, butter.
1. Take the mashed potatoes; add all the spice powders and salt. Add the corn starch into the bowl and shape the filling into patties.
2. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the patties till they are crisp and golden.
3. Slice the buns and toast them lightly in butter.
4. Slather some butter onto both sides of the buns, pour in the chutneys on the lower side, place the patty in between and seal with the other slice of the bun.
5. Insert a toothpick to hold the burger together.
Cook up this little treat!