Amaranth Yogurt Parfait
Amaranth Yogurt Parfait is a delicious dessert that you can easily prepare at home. Besides being delicious, it is highly nutritional as it is made from amaranth seeds which are rich in carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: ½ cup full fat curd, 1 muskmelon, 1 ripe and sweet mango, 10-12 cashews, 15-16 golden raisins, 5-6 dry figs, 2 tbsp. amaranth seeds, honey.
1. Heat a pan and put the amaranth seeds in it. The amaranth seeds will start popping at once. Swirl the pan in between to ensure that most of the amaranth seeds pop. Those that don’t pop will get roasted so do not worry about them.
2. Remove the popped seeds from the pan and set them aside.
3. Peel and chop the mango and musk melon and dry figs and set aside.
4. In the pan, heat a little ghee and roast the cashews till they are golden. Remove and set aside.
5. Take tall glasses and start layering starting with yogurt. Then add a layer of the chopped fruits, followed by dry fruits and honey.
6. Add the amaranth seeds and add some more honey. Repeat the layers till you get to the top.
7. Garnish with the roasted cashews and serve.
This Amaranth Yogurt Parfait is not only delicious but also highly nutritional. So serve this wonderful dessert today by trying out this simple and quick recipe.