Apple Fried Rice
Apples are rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, dietary fibre and phytonutrients. Use this wonderful fruit to make a delicious meal. Apple fried rice is easy to prepare and is highly nutritious.
Ingredients: ½ cup of long grain rice, ½ cup chopped apples, 2-3 sprigs of spring onions (greens and white separated), ¼ cup of bell peppers cut lengthwise, green chilli chopped, 1” ginger sliced, pepper powder, 1 ½ tbsp. coconut oil, 1 tbsp. light soya sauce, ½ tsp. vinegar, cashews and salt.
1. Cook the rice and spread it on a place for cooling.
2. Heat oil in a pan and roast the cashews and raisins and set aside. Keep the flame on high.
3. Add the spring onion whites, bell peppers, green chilli, ginger and toss them till the veggies are cooked, but are still crunchy.
4. Pour the soya sauce, vinegar and the chopped apples and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Add the rice, cashews, raisins, salt and pepper powder. Mix well.
Apple fried rice is ready! Serve it with raita or a vegetable curry!