Apples are rich in potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and magnesium. You can provide all these nutrients by using apples to make an apple halwa.
Ingredients: 6-7 apples (peeled, cored and diced), 2 tbsp. ghee, 1 tbsp. water, 1 tsp. cinnamon powder, 2 tsp. vanilla extract, 5 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. each of blanched almonds and pistachios chopped.
1. Melt ghee in a pan and add the diced apples and cook till they are brown in colour.
2. Add a little water, lower the heat and let the apples cook for about 15 minutes.
3. Mash the apples, add the sugar, stir and cook till the oil separates from the mixture and it thickens considerably.
4. Add the cinnamon powder and vanilla extract into the mixture, stir and cook for about 2 minutes and remove from flame.
5. Pour out the halwa on a plate and flatten it.
6. On cooling, cut into squares and sprinkle the chopped dry fruits.
Apple halwa is ready to serve. Try out this recipe today and have it for dessert.