Atte ka Halwa
Whole wheat flour or atta is used in several ways to prepare dishes. However, here is a unique dish that is delicious and also highly nutritious. Atta is rich in potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin B6, magnesium, calcium and iron. Atte ka halwa hardly takes any time in preparation.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cups of atta, ¾ cup of ghee, 1 cup sugar, 3 cups of water, 1 tbsp whole cashews.
1. Heat ghee in a kadhai and add the whole wheat flour to it. Saute till the whole wheat flour gives out a nutty aroma.
2. In another pan, boil water and dissolve the sugar in it. Let the water come to a rolling boil and ensure that all the sugar has dissolved in it completely.
3. Pour the sugar solution into the atta mixture and stir well. The flour will absorb the sugar solution and become thick.
4. Stir continuously to prevent lump formation.
5. When the halwa is semi thick, switch off the fire.
6. You can garnich it with chopped cashews and serve.
Easy to prepare and delicious to the palate, this atte ka halwa recipe is a must try for you. So go ahead and give it a try today!