Baby Corn Manchurian
Treat yourself to delicious Indo Chinese cuisine with this baby corn Manchurian recipe. It is also very healthy as it is made using baby corn, which is a rich source of carbohydrates, B Vitamins, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, dietary fiber, antioxidants and folic acid.
Ingredients: 200 gm baby corn, 1 ½ tbsp. corn flour, 1 ½ tbsp. plain flour, salt, oil, 1 tbsp. finely chopped ginger, 1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic, 2-3 tbsp. finely chopped onions, 2-3 tbsp. chopped spring onions, 2-4 tbsp. bell pepper, ½ tbsp. soya sauce, ¼ tbsp. vinegar, ¾ tbsp. tomato sauce, ¾ tbsp. chilli sauce, 2 tbsp. spring onion greens
1. Cut the baby corn diagonally and set aside.
2. Make a batter using the corn flour, plain flour, salt, pepper and water.
3. Dip the chopped baby corn in the batter and deep fry. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the ginger garlic paste.
5. Next, add the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add soya sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and sugar and a little water. Cook till the sauce turns thick.
7. Add the fried baby corn and chopped spring onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
You can serve this with fried rice or noodles. Try it out today!