Baby Corn Masala Curry
Baby corns are highly versatile in terms of culinary use. They can be used in salads, fried or used in curries. They are highly nutritious as they are rich in carbohydrates and B vitamins. Here’s a simple recipe using baby corns that you will sure to love.
Ingredients: 250 gms of baby corn, 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ turmeric powder, ¼ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp kasuri methi, 2 cups water, 3 tbsp oil, salt, chopped coriander leaves for garnishing, 1 medium sized onion chopped, 3 tomatoes chopped, 1 tbsp chopped garlic, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 1 green chilli chopped, 1 inch cinnamon, 2 green cardamoms, 2 cloves, 1 strand mace, ¼ cup of chopped or broken cashews, 2 tbsp melon seeds.
1. Take the chopped onions, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, green chilli, cinnamon, green cardamoms, cloves, mace, cashews and melon seeds in a grinder jar, add a little water and blend into a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. Clean the baby corns and slice the base thinly. Vertically cut the baby corns and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add a bay leaf. Saute till you can smell the aroma.
4. Add the paste into the pan and sauté for some time.
5. Add the spice powders and sauté for about 20-30 minutes on low flame till you see the oil separating from the masala.
6. Add adequate amount of water and let it simmer. Add the baby corns. Place the lid on the pan and let the baby corns cook. Cook for about 15 minutes on low flame to ensure that the gravy has a medium consistency and the baby corns have cooked.
7. Remove the lid, sprinkle the kasuri methi and salt. Check the taste and remove from the stove.
Yummy baby corn masala is ready! Serve it with rotis or rice. Easy to cook, this recipe is a must try if you are looking for a baby corn recipe. So go on and start prepping now!