Badam halwa is a North Indian dessert dish. This dish is delicious and is also loaded with a lot of nutrients as it is made using almonds, which are rich in potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6, magnesium, etc.
Ingredients: ½ cup almonds, a pinch of saffron strands, 1/3 cup ghee, ½ cup sugar.
1. Soak the saffron strands in a tablespoon of warm water and set aside.
2. Blanch the almonds and grind into a coarse paste in a blender.
3. In a thick bottomed vessel, put the almond paste. Stir and cook the almond paste.
4. Add sugar and keep stirring till it dissolves completely.
5. Add ghee in parts, till the almond halwa has soaked all of it.
6. Add the saffron solution, stir and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
7. Remove from the flame, garnish with a few saffron strands and serve.
Simple and quick, this is a dessert recipe you must try at home.