Badam Pista Barfi
With the winter at its peak now, it’s time for making barfis. The badam pista barfi is an easy to cook sweet dish and is perfect for the winters. Besides being a delight to the palate, these barfis are also loaded with nutrition as they are made using almonds and pistachios. Almonds and pistachios are rich in fat, potassium, dietary fibre, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: ¾ cup of khoya, ½ cup badam, ½ cup pista, 1/3 cup of sugar, 3 green cardamoms, a little ghee for greasing the tray, 2 tbsp of slivered almonds and pistachios.
1. Grease a tray with some ghee and set aside.
2. Heat some ghee in a pan and roast the almonds and pistachios. Set them aside.
3. Grind the dry fruits along with green cardamoms in a mixer to prepare a smooth mixture. Set aside.
4. In the same pan, melt khoya along with sugar by stirring continuously. When the khoya has melted, add the dry fruit powder and cook.
5. When the paste starts bubbling, remove from flame.
6. Pour it into the greased tray and sprinkled the slivered dry fruits.
7. Let it rest till it has reached room temperature.
8. On cooling, cut out the barfis and serve.
So go ahead and make your own badam pista barfis at home and treat to this wonderful delight.