Eggplants also known as brinjals, are rich in potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, copper, manganese, niacin, folate and Vitamin K. Due to their high nutritional value, brinjals are an important vegetable that need to be added to the diet. Baingan pakora is a delicious way in which you can incorporate the goodness of brinjals in your diet.
Ingredients: 5 -6 brinjals, 1 cup besan, 2/3 cup water, 1 pinch of hing, ¼ tsp each of turmeric and chilli powder, ½ tsp each of coriander and cumin powder, a pinch of baking soda, salt and oil.
1. Clean and slice the brinjals and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix the besan, hing, turmeric, chilli, coriander and cumin powders and salt. Add water to the mixture and create a smooth batter free of lumps.
3. Dip the brinjal slices into the batter so as to coat the surfaces well.
4. Heat oil in a pan on medium flame for frying. Put the baingan pieces into the oil and fry all sides till they are crispy and golden.
5. Serve with a tangy chutney or tomato ketchup.
Don’t they seem delicious? Dish out this yummy snack today by trying out this recipe!