Bajra or pearl millets are highly nutritious. However, if you are looking for a recipe that will help you use bajra in a delicious way, this is the recipe for you. Bajra is rich in protein, dietary fibre, carbohydrates, phosphorus and iron and can help you to be in more healthy manner. Here’s how you can make bajra vada at home.
Ingredients: 1 cup bajra flour, 2 tbsp whole wheat flour, 2 tbsp curd, ½ inch ginger+2 garlic cloves+1 green chilli crushed in a mortal and pestle, 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 3 tbsp white sesame seeds, ¼ tsp each of turmeric and red chilli powder, ½ tsp each of coriander and cumin powder, 1 tbsp oil, ½ tsp sugar, water, salt and oil.
1. Take the flours in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients except water. Mix well.
2. Now add water and slowly knead the dough to medium consistency.
3. Set the dough aside for at least 30 minutes.
4. Roll out small balls from the dough after greasing your hands with oil. Flatten the balls into a small patty like form of medium thickness.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry the bajra patties till they are crunchy and golden.
6. Remove with a slotted spoon and serve with a cup of tea in the evening.
This recipe sure proves that making Bajra vadas is not a difficult task. So you can try out this recipe and serve bajra vadas as snack in the evenings.