Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms are a great source of antioxidants. They are also rich in essential minerals such as selenium, potassium, niacin, copper and phosphorus. They are extremely good for the health as they are rich in proteins, Vitamin C and iron. Here’s an easy recipe which will make you fall in love with mushrooms.
Ingredients: 10 to 12 white mushrooms, 2 tsp of chopped garlic, one large onion chopped, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ½ tsp of black pepper, a few basil leaves, oregano, salt, ¼ cup of grated cheese, ½ cup of chopped spring onions, 1 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
1. Clean the mushrooms. Remove the stems from the crowns. Set the crowns aside and finely chop the mushroom stems.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and cook the mushrooms with the garlic, chopped onion, basil leaves, spring onions, coriander leaves and salt.
3. Once the stems are cooked, set aside for cooking.
4. Now make a small cavity in the mushroom heads and stuff in the filling. Place the cap of the mushroom back.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes till a little liquid oozes out of the mushroom caps.
Isn’t this easy? Try this out today!