Beetroots are considered to be highly nutritious because of the phytonutrients they contain. These phytonutrients are believed to be super antioxidants and ensure good health. Beetroot bhaji is a South Indian dish which can easily be prepared within minutes and is a great way to ensure a healthy mind and body.
Ingredients: 2 beetroots, one medium sized onion chopped, ¼ tsp mustard seeds, ¼ cumin seeds, a pinch of heeng, 2 red chillies, 1-2 chopped green chillies, 6-7 curry leaves, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of grated coconut, salt to taste
1. Wash and peel the beetroots and finely dice it. You can also grate it if you want to.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and red chillies. Wait till the mustard seeds have crackled and the chillies have turned black.
3. Add cumin seeds and fry them. Next add the onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
4. Once the onions have turned translucent, add the beetroot, turmeric powder and salt. Stir and close the lid.
5. Cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes. Remove the lid and add grated coconut and salt.
6. Stir and cook on low flame for another couple of minutes and remove.
Don’t you think it’ll serve as a great side dish? Try out this recipe today!