Beetroot Carrot Poriyal
Beetroot carrot poriyal is a Malayalee dish. This side dish combines with the goodness of carrots and beetroots in a delicious way and hence is the perfect option. Beetroots and carrots are rich in Vitamin C, potassium, dietary fibre, iron, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin A.
Ingredients: 2 medium beetroots, 1 medium carrot, 1 green chilli, 1 tsp urad dal, 1 tsp mustard, 10-12 curry leaves, a pinch of hing, a pinch of turmeric powder, a tbsp. of oil, 4 tbsp. of fresh grated coconut, salt.
1. Peel and chop the beetroots and carrots finely and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai and splutter the mustard seeds.
3. Add the chopped onions, curry leaves, hing and green chillies and sauté for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the beetroot and carrot and sprinkle turmeric powder over it. Add salt and mix well.
5. Close the lid of the kadhai and cook on low flame for 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove the lid, add grated coconut, mix well and remove from the flame.
7. Serve as a side dish with rice.
Healthy and delicious, beetroot carrot poriyal is an excellent way to eat these nutritious vegetables. It hardly takes any time, so you might as well give it a try today!