Beetroot curry is really simple and easy to prepare. In addition, it is highly nutritional as it offers the health benefits of beetroots, which are a rich source of dietary fibre, potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 large onion chopped finely, 2 cup cubed beetroots, 1 tbsp. sesame seeds , 1 tbsp. chana dal, 1 tbsp. urad dal, 3-4 tbsp. grated coconut, 1 tbsp. ghee, 1 sprig curry leaves, a pinch of hing, 1 garlic clove chopped, ½ tsp. cumin seeds, ¼ tsp. mustard, 2 green chillies chopped.
1. Cook the beetroots in a pressure cooker for 5-8 minutes.
2. Dry roast the dals and sesame seeds and grind them into a fine powder. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds. Next, add the garlic, chillies, curry leaves, hing and sauté.
4. Add the onions and fry till they are translucent. Sprinkle the dal powder you had prepared earlier along with turmeric powder.
5. Add the cooked beetroots along with the stock, grated coconut and fry for 2 minutes.
Prepare this yummy beetroot curry today and serve with rice or rotis!