Beetroot Greens Rice
Beetroot-Greens Rice recipe is a rice dish made with the combination of rice and beetroot greens. They are rich in vitamins A, C, and anti-oxidants too. This is one of those healthy and tasty recipes that’s a lunch box hit.
Ingredients: Beetroot, onions, oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, ginger and garlic, coriander powder, chilli powder.
1. Remove the beetroot green leaves from the beetroot and wash them thoroughly.
2. Chop onion and onion leaves along with its tender pink stem finely.
3. Separate the pink stem from the greens and keep them aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds. Once they crackle, add onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté until the onions become translucent.
5. Once it is done, add the chopped pink stem and sprinkle some water on it. They take around 5 minutes to cook. Then add the greens and cook it for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add chilli powder and coriander powder and sauté it more for about 3 minutes. Now, add the cooked rice with the mixture and mix it well.