Beetroots are considered to be store houses of essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals. They are a rich source of sodium, potassium, dietary fibre, calcium, Vitamin B6, magnesium etc. Beetroot paratha is an easy recipe using which you can incorporate all the nutritional benefits of beetroot into your daily diet.
Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 tsp oil, ½ tsp salt, 2 cups grated beetroot, 2 green chillies finely chopped,1 tsp aam chur powder, ½ tsp garam masala, salt.
1. Mix the whole wheat flour, oil and salt. Add water to prepare a soft dough.
2. Roll out balls from the dough and flatten them using a rolling pin and board.
3. Heat oil in a pan and sauté the grated beetroot till they are free of moisture. Add the seasonings, green chillies and salt and sauté for a couple of minutes. Remove from flame and set aside.
4. Place this beetroot mixture into the centre of the rolled out dough. Pleat the edges and roll out into a 7” paratha.
5. Heat oil in a griddle and cook the parathas till they are crisp and golden on both sides.
Surprise with colourful parathas using this recipe.