Make rice colourful and tastier using beetroots. Besides being tasty and visually delightful, beetroot rice is extremely healthy as it offers the nutritional benefits of the vegetable. Beetroots are rich in dietary fibre, Vitamin C, potassium, manganese, folate, phosphorus, zinc, Vitamin B6, magnesium, copper, iron, calcium and Vitamin A.
Ingredients: 2 cups basmati rice, 3 ½ cups water, 1 ½ tbsp. oil, 1 strand of mace, 6 cloves, 1” cinnamon stick, 1 small star anise, 1 cup shahi jeera, 1 small bay leaf, 2 green chillies slit, 1 ½ ginger garlic paste, 1/8 tsp. turmeric, ½ cup green peas, 1 cup chopped beetroot, 1 cup finely chopped potatotes, a handful of chopped coriander leaves, salt.
1. Soak the rice for 30 minutes and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and sauté the spices. Add the chillies and onion and sauté till they are golden.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook for a few minutes. Next, add the veggies and fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the drained rice and switch off the cooker just before it whistles.
5. Remove and fluff the rice.
You can easily prepare this rice at home today using this recipe!