Bhindi or okra is a rich source of potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Hence, it is important that you include this vegetable into your diet. Bhindi masala is a great way to do as it is delicious and retains all the nutritional value of okra or bhindis used in the dish.
Ingredients: 250 gms of bhindi, 1 onion chopped, 2 tomatoes chopped, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp. coriander powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp amchur powder, salt, oil, 1 tsp. crushed kasuri methi.
1. Wash and clean the bhindi. Chop off the crown and tails and cut into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadhai and sauté the bhindi in it till it is soft and done. Remove and set aside.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil into the pan and add the chopped onions. Saute till they are translucent.
4. Add the ginger garlic paste and cook till it loses its raw smell. Throw in the chopped tomatoes and cook till they are pulpy and soft.
5. Toss in the spice powders and fry them well with the onion-tomato masala.
6. Add the sautéed bhindi into the kadhai and coat them well with the masala. Add salt and sprinkle some kasuri methi on top. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Bhindi masala is ready and can be served with rice and dal or rotis and chapattis. So try out this recipe today and serve this delicious dish with the meal.