Are you bored of eating ordinary rice? Then spice it up using this recipe. This recipe allows you to make rice tastier so that you can enjoy it and at the same time derive all the nutritional benefits that rice has to offer. Rice is a rich source of carbohydrates, dietary fibre, protein and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup basmati rice, 1 ½ cups water, 2 tbsp. ghee, 1 bay leaf, 3-4 cloves, 4-5 whole black pepper, 1 star anise, 1 inch cinnamon, 3-4 green cardamoms, 2-3 strands of mace, ½ tsp shah jeera, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tbsp. chopped coriander leaves, 1 tbsp. mint leaves, 18-20 strands of saffron, 5-6 drops of lemon juice, salt, 1 medium onion thinly sliced, 10-12 cashews, 1 tbsp. oil, a few mint leaves for garnishing.
1. Rinse and soak the rice for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and sauté the whole spices.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and chopped coriander and mint leaves. Add the rice and saffron strands and fry the rice a little.
4. Add water and cook for about 2 whistles. Remove the rice and fluff it using a fork.
5. While the rice is cooking, caramelize the thinly sliced onions and roast the cashews till they are golden.
6. Garnish the cooked rice with the caramelized onions and cashews and mint leaves and serve.
Perfect for a treat, isn’t it? This recipe hardly takes any time so make sure you try it out today!