Bread Cups Filled With Russian Salad
These little cups of bread hold a medley of colourful vegetables and fruits. These bread cups are not only tasty but also have high nutritional values. These are rich in calcium, proteins, carbohydrates and sodium. Moreover, they are so little and cute that you and your kiddo won't resist it.
Ingredients: For the toast cases- 8 slices of white bread, 2 tsp butter
For the Russian salad filling (makes approx. 11⁄2 cups)- 1/4 cup peeled, boiled and chopped potatoes, 1/4 cup boiled green peas, 2 tbsp peeled, chopped and boiled carrots, 2 tbsp boiled french beans, 2 tbsp peeled and chopped pineapple, 2 tbsp chopped apples, 2 tbsp chopped lettuce, 2 tbsp Eggless Mayonnaise, 1 tbsp fresh cream, salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
For the toast cases-
1. Slice off the crust from the bread slices.
2. Wrap the bread slices in a muslin cloth and steam in a pressure cooker for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Flatten the bread slices and press each bread slice into the cavities of a muffin tray greased with butter.
4. Brush some melted butter over them and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 10 minutes or until crisp. Demould and keep them aside.
For the Russian salad filling-
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.Divide into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
Fill a portion of the mixture in each toast case. Serve immediately. These bread cups is the best option for a healthy meal .They can also be a part of lunch boxes and birthday parties as Russian salad served in very cute little bread cups will surely be loved by everyone.