Bread pakora is a popular snack item that can easily be prepared at home. You can use this recipe to prepare these pakoras at home. This recipe uses brown bread, which is rich in sodium, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, protein, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 5-6 brown bread slices, 1 cup besan, ½ tsp ajwain seeds, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ¼ tsp. garam masala powder, ½ tsp oil, 2 pinches baking soda, ¾ cup of water, salt, oil.
1. In a bowl, mix the besan, ajwain seeds, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Add water and oil and mix into a batter of medium consistency.
3. Slice the bread into triangles.
4. Dip each slice in the batter to coat them well.
5. Heat oil in a pan and fry the bread slices on medium flame till they are crisp and golden.
6. Sprinkle chaat masala on top of the bread slices and serve with tomato ketchup or tamarind chutney.
Bingo! All set and go! Try out this recipe right away!