Bread upma is an easy to prepare recipe and it takes very little time. You can use brown bread for this recipe as it is rich in dietary fibre, potassium, sodium, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 3 cups of chopped bread cubes, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1/3 cup of chopped onions, 1 green chilly finely chopped, 1” ginger finely chopped, 6-7 curry leaves, ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp of chilli powder, a pinch of hing, chopped coriander leaves for garnishing, salt.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. Wait till they crackle.
2. Add the onions, ginger and curry leaves. Saute till the ginger has cooked.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, masala powders, hing and salt and cook till the tomoatoes have cooked well.
4. Add the bread cubes and cook for about 5 minutes on low flame.
5. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
This recipe is perfect for both breakfast and snack time. So, try this out today!