Broccoli Cream Soup
Broccoli Cream soup is highly nutritious as it is made using broccoli, which is rich in potassium, dietary fibre, protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 250 gms of broccoli, ¼ cup of chopped onions, 1-2 garlic cloves chopped, ¼ tsp of dry oregano, a pinch of nutmeg powder, 1 ½ cups of water, 1 ½ cups of milk, 1 ½ tbsp. of maida, 2 tbsp. butter, salt and freshly crushed black pepper.
1. Chop the broccoli into florets and blanch them in hot water. Drain after some time and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the onions and garlic. Saute them till the onions are translucent and add the flour. Stir for a couple of minutes on low flame.
3. Add the broccoli florets and add water. Stir and cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for about 10 minutes on low flame till the broccoli is well cooked.
4. Meanwhile, heat milk in a vessel.
5. Puree the broccoli mixture using a hand blender till it is smooth and creamy.
6. Add the hot milk into the broccoli mixture and stir well.
7. Simmer the soup on low flame. Add oregano and stir occasionally.
8. Season with salt and black pepper powder and stir well.
9. Pour out the soup into bowls and you can garnish it with bread croutons before serving.
This broccoli soup is not only delicious but also highly nutritious and hence serves as the perfect appertizer. Try it out today!