Make some soft butter naans today! These are packed with carbohydrates and healthy fats.
Ingredients: 3 cups whole wheat flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, ½ teaspoon instant yeast, 1 cup water or as required, 3 to 4 tablespoon curd, 2 tablespoon softened butter, salt as required, butter as required for spreading on the naan
1. In a bowl, take the instant yeast, sugar and water and stir. Add 1 cup flour and stir. Cover and keep aside to leaven for 40 to 45 minutes.
2. Then add the remaining whole wheat flour, salt, butter and curd and knead to a soft and smooth dough. Cover and keep aside for 25 to 30 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into medium balls and roll into medium sized rotis of medium thickness.
4. Place the naan on a hot tava or griddle. When the bottom is partly cooked, flip. When the second side is cooked, remove the naan with a pair of tongs and place the side which was cooked first facing the fire. Cook till brown.
5. Remove from the fire, spread some butter on top and serve.
Serve this with a yummy subzi!