Cabbage Bhaji is a Goan dish and is quite easy to prepare. Try out this recipe and treat a new Goan delight. This dish uses cabbage, which is a high source potassium, sodium, dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 2 ½ tbsp of oil, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 12-15 curry leaves, 1 green chilli chopped, a pinch of hing, 4 cups blanched and chopped cabbage, ¼ cup of grated dessicated coconut, 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves, salt.
1. Heat oil in a pan and crackle the cumin seeds.
2. Add hing, green chilli and curry leaves and sauté for about a minute. Add the cabbage and mix all ingredients well.
3. Place a rimmed lid on top of the pan and pour water onto it. This will help in creating steam in the pan, which will instead cook the cabbage.
4. Once the cabbage is done, add the grated coconut. Saute for a minute.
5. Remove from flame. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
This delicious dish hardly takes any time, isn’t it? So go ahead and try it out today!