Make your breakfast more nutritious by adding a little cabbage to parathas. Cabbage is a rich source of Vitamin C, dietary fibre, sulphur, antioxidants, beta carotene, Vitamin K, and essential nutrients such as potassium, magnesium and calcium. Here’s how you can easily make cabbage parathas at home:
Ingredients: 2 cups of whole wheat flour, 2 tsp oil, 2/3 cup of water, a pinch of salt, 4 cups of blanched and chopped cabbage, ½ tsp ajwain, 1 finely chopped green chilli, 1 tsp of chopped ginger, ¼ tsp each of turmeric, chilli, coriander, cumin , garam masala and amchur powders, salt.
1. In a bowl, prepare the dough by mixing the whole wheat flour, water and salt. Knead into a soft dough and set aside for half an hour.
2. In a pan heat some oil and add a few ajwain seeds. Once they have crackled, add the green chillies, ginger and masala powders. Saute for a couple of minutes and add the cabbage.
3. Add salt and cook the cabbage.
4. Roll out small rotis from the dough. Place the centre of one roti with the cabbage filling and top it with another roti.
5. Roll it out into a bigger size.
6. Cook on a griddle till both sides are golden.
Serve with curd and pickle. Make sure you try this out today!