Is your child bored of the regular cabbage sabzi that you make? Here’s an interesting recipe that you would like to try. Cabbages are loaded with essential nutrients such as dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, iron, calcium, magnesium and Vitamin A and hence are essential for the healthy growth of your child.
Ingredients: ½ cup chana dal, ½ cup urad dal, 2 cups finely chopped cabbage, 1 tsp chopped green chillies, half a ginger finely chopped, 3 tsp chopped coriander leaves, 2 tsp chopped curry leaves, ½ tsp fennel seeds, ½ tsp cumin seeds, ½ tsp crushed pepper corns, a pinch of hing, salt and oil.
1. Rinse and soak the dals in water overnight.
2. Next morning, drain the dals and put them in a mixer jar along with black pepper, fennel and cumin seeds and hing and blend into a smooth paste. Add about 4 tbsp of water to make the batter smooth.
3. Add the cabbage, chopped coriander leaves, curry leaves, ginger, garlic and salt to the batter. Mix well and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai till it is medium hot.
5. Add spoonfuls of batter into the oil and scoop out when they are crispy and golden on all sides.
Your cabbage vadas are ready! Serve them with tomato ketchup or a tangy chutney. So go on and put that cabbage resting in your refrigerator to good use by using this recipe to prepare crunchy vadas for your little one’s snack!