Want to try out a different pulao recipe? Capsicum pulao has green bell pepper as its main ingredient. Capsicum is rich in potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium and hence is very good for health. Use this recipe to cook delicious capsicum pulao, which is not only a treat to the palate but also offers a lot of nutritional benefits.
Ingredients: 1 cup basmati rice, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 green cardamoms, 2 cloves, ½ inch cinnamon, 2 bay leaves, 2 single strands of mace, ½ cup sliced onions, ¾ cup sliced capsicum, 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, 4-5 drops of lemon juice,2 cups of water, salt.
1. Clean and soak the rice in water for about half an hour. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add all the whole spices. Saute till you can smell the aroma.
3. Add the onions and sauté till they are golden in colour.
4. Add the sliced capsicums and chopped coriander leaves. Saute for about 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the rice and mix it well with the vegetables and spices.
6. Add water, salt and lemon juice and stir. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and wait for 2-3 whistles.
7. When the pressure comes down, open the lid of the cooker and fluff the rice.
Capsicum pulao is ready. Serve with a vegetable curry or raita. Delicious and healthy, this recipe is easy to prepare !