Capsicum rice is an easy to cook dish that you can prepare for lunch or tiffin box. This dish is also very nutritious as it is made using capsicum, which is a rich source of dietary fiber, Vitamin C, antioxidants and Vitamin A.
Ingredients: 2 cups rice, 1 star anise, 1 bay leaf, 1-inch cinnamon, 6 cloves, 1 strand mace, 4 green cardamoms, ½ tsp. shahi jeera, oil, 1 onion thinly sliced, 1 green chilli slit, 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste, ½ cup green peas, 2 cups chopped capsicums, a handful of mint leaves, 1 ½ tsp. garam masala, ½ tsp. chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt, 2 tbsp. water, lemon juice.
1. Cook the rice and keep it separately.
2. Heat oil in a pan and roast the whole spices. Add the onions and chillies and fry.
3. Next add the ginger garlic paste and sauté. Next add the capsicum, green peas and fry for 3 minutes.
4. Add the mint, coriander, spice powders and salt. Fry and add 2 tbsp. water.
5. When the masala is done, add it to the rice and mix well. Squeeze a little lemon juice and add salt.
Serve with raita. Cook this delicious dish at home using this recipe today!