Is breakfast time becoming difficult for you because you are running out of recipes for your little one? Here’s a simple and easy sandwich recipe that will help you make his breakfast in no time. This recipe uses capsicum which is a rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium and thus fulfils all your little one’s nutritional requirements.
Ingredients: 8-10 brown bread loaves, 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots, 3 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes, ¼ cup finely sliced capsicum, 1 garlic crushed, ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese, ¼ tsp of black pepper powder, 1 tsp oregano, ½ tsp chopped basil leaves, salt and butter.
1. Take the chopped shallots, tomatoes and capsicum in a bowl and add garlic, cheese, pepper powder, oregano and basil leaves to it.
2. Mix well and check for the taste. Add salt as per requirement. Set aside.
3. Butter the loaves of bread.
4. Place the filling on one slice of bread and cover it with another loaf to make the sandwich.
5. You can either grill the sandwich in a sandwich maker or toast it on a tawa using butter.
Simple and easy enough for breakfast,right? So try out this recipe for your child’s breakfast and serve it with ketchup or chilli sauce. Your child will definitely love this sandwich.